Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Blood Borne Part II

It was dark and eerily still outside as Jessalynn walked out to her car. It wasn’t cold outside, but she still shivered, something just felt wrong. There was no warning, just the feel of warm breath on the back of her neck and a hand that pulled her hair, jerking her head back, exposing the long line of her neck. “Don’t scream girlie or I’ll kill you.” Jessalyn nodded her head as much as she could. It would be her luck to run into a gangbanger in the parking lot. Her attacker was so strong that she assumed that he had to be hopped up on drugs or something, no human could be that strong. She had to stall him. “Look buddy, I don’t know who you are, but you don’t want to do this to me.”

“Silence human! I am the king of the night and I am here to make you my queen.”

Jessalynn did all that she could to not laugh in his face. Figures that she’d run into a crazy drunk druggie in the parking lot, it was Thursday night after all. She only had to wait a few seconds longer and security should be making their rounds. Hell, on a Thursday night, the parking lot should be full of police too, since the lab shared parking with the Emergency Room. Her attacker seemed to be reading her mind because he leaned into her. “No one can see you or hear you scream. You will be mine.”

Jessalynn stiffened. She remembered from her self-defense class that she couldn’t let him take her with him, that’d be an automatic death sentence. If she could stall him, then she had at least a chance of survival. “So, if I’m going to be yours, I guess that I should at least know what to call you. What’s you name?”

“I am Guillermo, the Dark Lord of the Night. All fear me!”

“Dark lord. So you’re like some Sith Lord. God, I shouldn’t have had that Taco Bell for break tonight.”

“I do not know these Sith creatures that you speak of. Now submit to me and your life will be much easier.”

“Submit? Dude, if you want me to be your queen, then you better expect a partnership. I’m not gonna do that whole gold bikini slave girl thing from Return of the Jedi.”

“Silence! It is not your place for you to question me!”

“Okay. Sheesh Mo, don’t get your panties in a twist.”

“What did you call me?” Guillermo thundered. “You shall call me either ‘My lord’ or ‘Guillermo the Great.’”

Jessalyn realized that her current strategy was getting her nowhere, so she went limp against Guillermo, hoping that her dead weight would slow him down. Unfortunately Guillermo used that to his advantage. Pain unlike anything that Jessalynn had ever known exploded from her neck. She screamed until she was hoarse and continued screaming in her mind. Gabe! Help! Suddenly weakness took over and she started to pass out for real. Guillermo said something harsh in a language that she didn’t understand and then blackness took over.

No comments:

Post a Comment